Commissioner of Municipalities Administration, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Commissioner of Municipalities Administration, who shall subject to the control of the state Government exercise such powers, duties and functions conferred under the provision of Gujarat Municipalities Act, 1963. Under the control of Commissioner total six Regional Commissioner, Municipalities (Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Vadodara, Surat, Rajkot & Bhavnagar) shall exercise powers and perform function and duties.
"To facilitate urban development by assisting state government and existing agencies in formulation of policy"
Administrative, Supervision and Controlling Authority:-
- Administration and Management of Municipalities.
- Approval of rules under section 271 and bye laws under section 275.
- Supervision of Municipalities functioning and activities.
- Vigilance and inquiry for Municipalities misconduct and misbehavior.
- Monitoring of special drives declared by the state government.